Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Dr. Andy Klein|
Andrew Klein, MSc.,DC,DACBSP
|Alma mater||New York Chiropractic College|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1970's- Present|
|Known for||US Olympic DC|
Andrew S. Klein, MSc., DC, DACBSP is a Chiropractor, and a native of New York practicing in Minnesota. He was a 1987 Graduate of New York Chiropractic College, and holds a Masters in Science (MSc) degree in exercise physiology from Queen's College in Flushing, NY. He is notable as having been a US Olympic Team Doctor at the 2000 Summer Games in Sydney, Australia .
Dr. Klein has been a member of the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS), and was Chairman of the Scientific Commission, as well as numerous other positions in the various agencies. He has attended at numerous events, and published many papers in Sports Chiropractic. He serves on the faculty or adjunct faculty for several Chiropractic Colleges, including New York, Palmer, and Texas.
Administrative Positions held
- 1992-1998 - Education and Examination Committee, American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians
- 1994-1997 - FICS Scientific Commission
- 1997-1998 - 2nd Vice-President, ACA Council on Sports Injuries and Fitness
- 2000 - US Olympic Team Doctor Summer Games, Sydney, Australia 
- Klein AS. Physiology and Rehabilitation of Soft Tissue. Presented at the13th Annual International Chiropractic and Interdisciplinary Congress del Bicentenario. Palace of the University Autonomy Historical Center, Mexico City, Mexico, March 2011.
- Klein AS. Evidence Informed Exercise Programs for the Neck and Low Back. Presented at the13th Annual International Chiropractic and Interdisciplinary Congress del Bicentenario. Palace of the University Autonomy Historical Center, Mexico City, Mexico, March 2011.
- Klein AS. Active Care Protocol for Cervical and Low Back Care. Presented at Northwestern College of Chiropractic Homecoming. NWCC, Bloomington, MN, February 2011.
- Klein AS, Mauer N. Evaluation and Management of Neck and Back Pain. Presented at the 12th Annual Orthopedic Update. Park Nicollet Clinic, St. Louis Park, MN, September 2008.
- Klein AS. Core Stabilization, and Proprioceptive Rehabilitation. Presented at the 10th Annual International Chiropractic and Interdisciplinary Congress. Polanco, Mexico City, October 2007.
- Klein AS, Perlman, D. Case Study: Hip injury in a recreational golfer. Abstract presentation at the ACBSP Chiropractic Sports Science Symposium, San Francisco, CA, March 2006
- Klein AS. Clinical Quality Improvement and Chiropractic Care. Presented at Blue Cross/Blue Shield Panel Discussion, Eagan, MN, October 2003.
- Klein AS. The Role of Chiropractic in Sports Medicine. Presented at Conference Continuing Education Series. The Orthopaedic Center, Eden Prairie, MN, October 2002.
- Klein AS. Chiropractic Care in Infants and Children. Presented at Pediatric Grand Rounds. Methodist Hospital, St. Louis Park, MN, May 2002.
- Klein AS. Current State of Integrated Care. Presented at The Future of Health Care: Collaboration Between Chiropractic and Traditional Medical Care, Sponsored by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of MN, Northwestern Health Sciences University, and the Academic Center of the University of MN. Bloomington, MN, May 2000.
- Klein AS. Exercise Methodology: Principles and Applications. In; Spinal Rehabilitation, Ed. David E. Stude. Stamford, CT:Appleton & Lange, 1999.
- Klein AS. Back Stabilization in Strength Training. Presented at the Minnesota National Strength and Conditioning Annual Meeting, Bloomington, MN, March 1999.
- Klein AS. A proposed clinical pathway for chiropractic management of chronic low back pain patients. Topics Clin Chiro 5(2):41-47, 1998.
- Klein AS. Chiropractic Principles and Integration Into the Sports Medicine Team. FIMS World Congress of Sports Medicine, Orlando, FL, June 1998.
- Klein AS. Principles of Exercise Physiology and Golf. LPGA Midwest Section Seminar, Bloomington, MN, November 1997.
- Klein AS. Effects of single leg versus double leg plyometric training on vertical jump height. Free communication, National Strenth and Conditioning Association Conference, Las Vegas, June 1997.
- Klein AS, TW Stark. Comparison of injury rates for single leg versus double leg plyometric training. Free communication, American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries Symposium, Los Angeles, April 1997.
- Klein, AS. Upper body plyometric training. A clinical workshop, ACA Council on Sports Injuries Symposium, Los Angeles, April 1997.
- Klein A. Health Benefits of Exercise. Topics Clin Chiro 3(4):8-13, 1996.
- Klein A, T Burke. Comparison of active kinesthetic acuity in knee joint movement. Free Communication, American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries, Atlanta, July 1996.
- Klein A. Comparison and analysis of exercise and spinal manipulation as modulators of the immune response. Review. Free communication, American Chiropractic Association Council on Sports Injuries, Atlanta, July 1996.
- Klein A. Clinical Approach to Patellofemoral Arthralgia. Presented at the Federation Internationale Chiropratique Sportive Symposium, Atlanta, July 1996.
- Klein A. Strength Training and the Low Back. Presented at the Minnesota Strength and Conditioning Annual Meeting, Bloomington, Minnesota, March 1996.
- Klein A. Principles of Strength and Conditioning, and Rehabilitation. Presented at the Mexico Chiropractic Centennial, Mexico City, Mexico, October, 1995.
- Klein A. Plyometrics: Principles and Clinical Implications. Presented at FICS Symposium, Chiropractic Centennial, Washington, D.C. July, 1995, and Davenport, Iowa, September, 1995.
- Shambaugh JP, A Klein, J Herbert. Structural measures as predictors of injury in basketball players. Med Sci Sports Exerc 23(5):522-527, May 1991.
- Klein A, JP Shambaugh. The use of structural analysis as a predictor in basketball injuries. Free Communication, American Public Health Association, New York City, September, 1990.
- Burke T, A Klein. Active kinesthetic acuity in knee flexion replication in relation to an external load. Free Communication presented to the American College of Sports Medicine, Salt Lake City, May 1990. Med Sci Sports Exerc 22(2 supp):118, April 1990.
- Burke T, A Klein, L Dorf. Active kinesthetic acuity in knee joint replication in relation to an external load. Poster presentation to the American College of Sports Medicine, Baltimore, May 1989. Med Sci Sports Exerc 21(2 supp):97, April 1989.
- Klein A. Physiological basis for muscular hypertrophy. Natural Bodybuilder 1(4):14-15, 1986.