Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
Council on Chiropractic Practice
|Council on Chiropractic Practice|
|President||Dr. Christopher Kent, DC United States|
The Council on Chiropractic Practice (CCP) was established in July 1995, with the mission of "developing evidence-based guidelines, conducting research and performing other functions that will enhance the practice of chiropractic for the benefit of the consumer."
It is an apolitical, non-profit organization, and is not affiliated with the ACA, ICA, WCA, FSCO, COCSA, FCLB, or any state association. Instead, is was founded as a grass roots group to produce practice guidelines which serve the needs of the consumer, and are consistent with "real world" chiropractic practice.
One of the most serious criticisms of previous guidelines efforts has been that they were dominated by members of the academic and research community. Input from the field was minimal.
The CCP's goal was to develop practice guidelines with the active participation of field doctors, consultants, seminar leaders, and technique experts. In addition, the Council strove to utilize the services of interdisciplinary experts in The Agency for Health Care Policy and Research (AHCPR) guidelines development, research design, literature, law, clinical assessment, and clinical chiropractic.
In harmony with these general principles, the CCP created a multidisciplinary panel, supported by staff, and led by a project coordinator and methodologist, who served as a consultant. The first endeavor of the panel was to analyze available scientific evidence revolving around a model which depicts the safest and most efficacious delivery of chiropractic care to the consumer.
The guidelines were developed to protect the right of any patient -- including children and asymptomatic patients -- to obtain subluxation-based chiropractic.
Evidence based guidelines were also needed to protect the ability of D.C.s to use analytical and diagnostic procedures necessary to characterize the vertebral subluxation and its effects. Parameters for corrective procedures were based upon objective evidence of subluxation correction, not merely temporary symptomatic relief.
"The biases and opinions of a self selected mutual admiration society should not prevail over the evidence, including clinical results, of the past 100 years," said Christopher Kent, D.C., CCP president (NB: BoD memberWCA). "We welcome written or oral evidence from any interested chiropractor. This includes case reports and observational studies as well as controlled studies. Our objective is to empower field doctors with information that will enhance their effectiveness. We are not here to tell anyone how to practice, or subjugate their clinical judgment."
"Chiropractic's contribution to 21st century health care could be immeasurable," continued Kent. "I see a glorious future, where lifetime chiropractic care is available to all, and chiropractic becomes the dominant paradigm in health care delivery. We invite you to share the vision, and join us in this historic event."
Despite the statement of independence above, of the 23 people named to the Board, at least 13 (a majority) ARE associated directly or closely with the WCA and thus the WCA DOES at elast have the appearance of controlling this organization.
William M. Sloane, JD, LLM, PhD, FACFEI, DABFC, CHS-III, CMI-I, DACC, DCPC, FAAIM, FACC, MTAPA - WCA Attorney  & Bd Member of "Amer. Assoc. of Integrative Med.", on which Dr. Rondberg is also member 
Myron Brown, DC - Regent of Sherman College
Donald Harte, DC Int'l Board of Governors WCA
Terry A. Rondberg, D.C., DEM  - President WCA
Board of Directors
Board Members (with term expiration date)
- Rich Aplin, D.C. (2013)
- Richard Barwell, D.C. (2012) -Speaker for Dr. Rondberg. Features Rondberg on his website - 
- Barbara Bigham, B.A. (2014) - Employee of WCA (Dir. of Communications) 
- Robert H. Blanks, Ph.D. (2014) - Advisory panel for WCA 
- Myron D. Brown, D.C. (2014)- Regent of Sherman College
- Sandra Castro, D.C. (2012)
- John Davila, D.C. (2014)- (writes articles for WCA) 
- Joe Deymen, D.C. (2013)
- Angelica Farrell, D.C. (2012)
- Aryn Gabai, D.C. (2014) - BoD WCA 
- Donald E. Harte, D.C. (2012)- Int'l Board of Govs, WCA 
- Jay Holder, D.C. (2012) - Chairman WCA "Addictionology Committee" 
- Alan Jenks, D.C. (2013)
- Peter Kevorkian, D.C. (2012)- (Board of Governors of the WCA from 2000-2008)
- Tim Merrick, D.C. (2013) - NGO representative of WCA 
- Yannick Pauli, D.C. (2012)- WCA "Chiropractor of the year" 
- Justin Peatling, D.C. (2013)
- Terry A. Rondberg, D.C., DEM  (2013) - President WCA
- David Serio, D.C. (2013)
- Wm. Martin Sloane, JD, LLM, PhD, FACFEI, DABFC, CHS-III, CMI-I, DACC, DCPC, FAAIM, FACC, MTAPA (2013) -WCA Attorney  & Bd Member of "Amer. Assoc. of Integrative Med.", on which Dr. Rondberg is also member 
- Ken Vinton, D.C. (2012) - UN NGO Committe Chair, for WCA 
- David Walls-Kaufman, D.C. (2012)
- Robert Wiegand, D.C. (2014) - Teaches technique for WCA 
- Aryn Gabai, D.C., Chair
- Rich Aplin, D.C.
- Richard Barwell, D.C.
- Robert H. Blanks, Ph.D.
- John Davila, D.C.
- Peter Kevorkian, D.C.
- John F. Markham, D.C.
- Ken Vinton, D.C.
- David Walls-Kaufman, D.C.
- Robert Wiegand, D.C.
- Robert H. Blanks, Ph.D., Chair
- Richard Barwell, D.C.
- Ken Vinton, D.C.
- Staff. "Chiropractic researcher to chair NGO Health Committee". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/media/drkentngo.htm.
- staff. "WCA provides basic HIPAA forms free of charge". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/hipaa/introduction.htm.
- staff. "board of directors". American Association for Integrative Medicine. http://www.aaimedicine.com/ourboard/.
- staff. "meet Dr. Harte". Harte Chiropractic. http://www.chirodrharte.com/doctor/chiropractor/3L/corte-madera/chiropractor.htm.
- staff. "About Dr. Myron Brown". Brown Chirorpactic. http://www.youneedchiro.com/joomla/about.
- Staff. "Business insights from Dr. Terry Rondberg". Dr. R. Barwell. http://www.rondberg.com/2010/03/30/neurologically-based-chiropractic/.
- Staff. "Board of Directors". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/about/leadership.htm.
- Staff. "RCS to recruit 'army' of researchers". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/news/rcs.htm.
- staff. "Mitra Videos". WCA. http://videos.mitrasites.com/world-chiropractic-alliance.html.
- Staff. "Meet Our Doctors". Gabai Family chiropractic Center. http://www.familychiropractic.com/doctor/chiropractor/3L/pennington/chiropractors.htm.
- Staff. "An FDA first for Chiropractic". Jay Holder Institute. http://www.torquerelease.com/pro6.htm.
- Staff. "Meet the New Trustees". Sherman College of Straight Chiropractic. http://www.sherman.edu/shermanshares/11-03/trustees.htm.
- Staff. "News and WCA site updates". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/news/news.htm.
- Staff. "Press release". WCA. http://www.worldchiropracticalliance.org/media/add-study.htm.
- Staff. "[Guest Post – by Dr. Robert Wiegand Guest Post – by Dr. Robert Wiegand]". WCA. Guest Post – by Dr. Robert Wiegand.