Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Dr. Ira Shapiro|
Ira Shapiro, DC, DACBSP, ICSSD
|Alma mater||Palmer University, 1983|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1980's- Present|
|Home town||Old Bridge, NJ|
|Known for||Olympic DC|
Ira Shapiro, DC, DACBSP, ICSSD is a 1983 graduate of Palmer University from Old Bridge, New Jersey. Dr. Shapiro was selected twice for the US Olympic Medical Team,, making him the only DC to be asked to repeat, other then the current full time staff DC's now employed by USOC. In 2008 he was team doctor at the USATF Championships , where he was busy from morning til nighttime, treating the "vast majority of the athletes" there .
- 2004 - Games of the XXVIIIth Olympiad - Athens, Greece -  
- 2006 - XXth Winter Olympic Games - Torino, Italy
- Thompson, Jim (March 2008). "Cracking Back" (in English). Running Times.com. http://books.google.com/books?id=FMYDAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA18&dq=Olympic+Chiropractic&hl=en&sa=X&ei=L_hKT5XSHsLs0gHaytC7Dg&ved=0CHMQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q=Olympic%20Chiropractic&f=false. Retrieved 2/2012.
- Condron, Robt.. "USOC Press Release". US Olympic Committee. http://www.bodhizone.com/index.php/about-us/testimonials/item/usoc-press-release.
- Staff. "IAOCO Gold members list". IAOCO website. IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html. Retrieved 2/1012.