Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
James F. Winterstein
|Dr. James Winterstein|
Dr. James Winterstein
|Born||April 8, 1943|
Copperas Cove, TX
|Alma mater||National College of Chiropractic|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician College President|
|Employer||National University of Health Sciences|
|Home town||Lombard, IL|
|Known for||University President|
James F. Winterstein, DC was born April 8, 1963 to Arno Fredrick Winterstein and Ada Amanda Wagner in Copperas Cove, TX. Dr. Winterstein currently serves as President of National University of Health Sciences; he is also well known for his contributions to Chiropractic Radiology. He was married to Diane Bochmann, in 1963, until her passing in 2002, and they had four children. In 2010 he re-married to the former Cynthia Sportelli.
After public school, James Winterstein became a Radiological technologist while serving in the US Army (1961-1964). After his discharge he attended National College of Chiropractic and received his DC degree in 1968, cum laude.
He completed his Radiology residency at National College of Chiropractic and became Board Certified in June 1970. He was employed at the college's clinic in Lombard, IL as a Radiologic Resident; upon earning his Diplomate he was retained as Clinic Director. Beginning in 1971, he served as Chairman of the Diagnostic Imaging department for National College.
Dr. Winterstein practiced privately from 1968--1985, when the college asked him to work full time as Chief of Clinic's Staff; in 1986 he was installed as President of the college. During his tenure, National College became National University of Health Sciences.
- 1964 - Received Radiologic Technologist certification.
- 1968--1985 - Private Practice of Chiropractic
- 1970 - Diplomate, American Chiropractic Board of Radiology (DACBR).
- 1971 - Chairman- Department of Diagnostic Imaging, National College of Chiropractic.
- 1983 - President - American Chiropractic College of Radiology
- 1985 - Chief of Clinics Staff.
- 1986 - President of National College of Chiropractic.
- 1992 - President - Council on Chiropractic Education - USA.
- 2004 - Chairman of the Board,Council on Chiropractic Education - USA.
Plus awards and citations for contributions to the Profession, far too numerous to list.