Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
Thomas E. Hyde
|Dr. Tom Hyde|
Thomas E. Hyde, BA, DC, DABCSP, FICC
|Alma mater||Logan College of Chiropractic|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1970's- Present|
|Home town||Miami, FL|
|Known for||Founder ISCA, US Team DC, Pan Am Games 1987|
Thomas E. Hyde, BA, DC, DABCSP, FICC, was born in 1945 to Ida and Earle Hyde in Thomasville, GA. He practiced in Miami, Florida from 1977-1997 after receiving his Doctor of Chiropractic degree from Logan College of Chiropractic in 1977 and his Bachelor of Arts degree in biology from Florida State University in 1973. He is married to Susan Hyde and has one daughter, Jennifer.
Hyde is notable for having been Secretary-general of the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic, and team Doctor for the United States Olympic Committee at the Pan American Games in Indianapolis, IN, in 1987, as well as having summited Mounts Kilimanjaro and Aconcagua in addition to his numerous other awards and accomplishments spanning a long career.
He served as president  and executive director  of the American Chiropractic Association ACA Sports Council for eight years  and served as the secretary general for the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS). 
- 1987 - Hyde was the eighth official  DC to be selected to go to the United States Olympic Training Center, in Colorado Springs, CO, after the volunteer Chiropractor program was implemented, and was subsequently selected to represent the United States as team doctor at the Pan American Games that year in Indianapolis, IN. And, from 1992 to 1993 he was a member of the United States Olympic Committee Division of Sports Medicine, Chiropractic Selection Committee.
- 1990 - He was the State of Florida's coordinator for medical services for the Sunshine Games 
- 1990-1997 - He served as the chiropractic consultant for the Miami Dolphins .
- 1997 - He was appointed to serve a four-year term on the Pan American Games and Olympic Task Force for the state of Florida.
- Hyde served on the Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports .
- 2001 - Hyde became a member of the ACA Sports Council Hall of Fame. 
- 2004 - He was a member of the commission, called "The Mercy Guidelines" which created the seminal, national professional guidelines for the practice of Chiropractic.
- 2006 - Hyde became a member of the Miami-Dade Sports Commission, Board of Directors.
- 2008 - Dr. Hyde was voted by the Board of Directors of the IAOCO into honorary "Gold membership" 
- 2009 - He was named "Person of the Year" by Dynamic Chiropractic.
Hyde has lectured all over the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, Mexico, Argentina, Denmark , England, France, Switzerland, Australia, Chile, Brazil, Wales and South Africa.
Hyde, T & Gengenbach, M., "Conservative Management of Sports Injuries", 1996, Williams and Wilkins. [ISBN 068303944X]
Hyde, T & Gengenbach, M., "Conservative Management of Sports Injuries", 2nd ed., 2006, Jones and Bartlett) [ISBN 0763732524].
- Press, Stephen J. (2013), History of Sports Chiropractic, New Jersey: C.I.S Commercial Finance Grp., Ltd., pp. 118-127, ISBN 9781105536830, http://www.historyofchiropractic.org/books
- Staff (Sept 2008). Wyoming Chiro Associaton Journal: 3. http://www.wyochiroassociation.com/WCA_September_2008.pdf.
- Horwitz, S (December 18, 1995). "The US Olympic Training Center, Colorado Springs, Colorado". Dynamic Chiropractic 13 (26). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=40623.
- "PROSTATE CANCER CLIMB". http://www.prostatecancerclimb.com/. Retrieved 12/9/2009.
- Editorial Staff (December 31, 2000). "[Abstract PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS GOAL OF ANDES CLIMBERS]" (in English). Miami Herald (Miami, Fl: Miami Herald): pp. 4BR (Broward). http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=MH&s_site=miami&p_multi=MH&p_theme=realcities&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EB72F86D109F955&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM [Abstract]. Retrieved Dec 9, 2009.
- Haldemann; Smith, et al (2004). Guidelines for chiropractic quality assurance and practice parameters. Jones & Bartlett. p. xiii. ISBN 0-8342-0388-X.
- Editorial Staff (September 1, 1995). "Centennial Celebration Scheduled for Mexico City". Dynamic Chiropractic 13 (18). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=40499.
- Editorial Staff (August 16, 2002). "FICS World Report". Dynamic Chiropractic 20 (17). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=15307.
- Editorial Staff (October 6, 2003). "World Federation of Chiropractic Quarterly Report". Dynamic Chiropractic 21 (21). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=9443.
- Staff. "United States Olympic Committee; Division of Sports Medicine; Chiropractic Selection Committee". ACA Sports Council (Archived Site). http://web.archive.org/web/20040604043841/http://www.acasc.org/indexFrame.htm. Retrieved 2011.
- Editorial Staff (July 8, 1990). "SOUTH FLORIDA VOLUNTEERS GEAR UP FOR STATE'S LARGEST AMATEUR EVENT" (in English). Miami Herald (Miami, Fl: Miami Herald): pp. 7D (Sport Section). http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_multi=MH. Retrieved Dec 9, 2009.
- Jones & Bartlett Site "Health Professions". http://www.jbpub.com/Catalog/9780763732523/Authors/. Retrieved Nov 20, 2009.
- Hyde, T (August 25, 1997). "Dr. Tom Hyde Appointed to Olympic Task Force". Dynamic Chiropractic 15 (18). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=38467.
- Editorial Staff (May 31, 1999). "Biking to Benefit Spinal Research". Dynamic Chiropractic 17 (12). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=36087.
- "ACA Sports Council Site". http://www.acasc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=47:hall-of-fame&catid=34:awards&Itemid=54. Retrieved Dec. 2009.
- Miami-Dade Sports Commission Site "Board of Directors". http://www.miamisports.org/soccer_series/key_players.htm#board. Retrieved Nov 21, 2009.
- Staff. "Gold members". IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html.
- Editorial Staff (January 29, 2009). "We Get Letters & E-Mail". Dynamic Chiropractic 27 (3). http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=53629.
- Syddansk Universitet "Seminar by Dr. Hyde". http://www.fnks.sdu.dk/pages/Aktiviteter_/Sports.Seminar.pdf. Retrieved Nov 20, 2009.
- Bergmann, T.; Hyde, Thomas (Summer), "[http://images.vortala.com/chiropractor/USA/Maryland/Bowie/usHoldingChiropracticClinic/SiteGraphics/spondylolisthesis.pdf Active or Inactive Spondylolysis and/or Spondylolisthesis: What’s the Real Cause of Back Pain?]", JNMS: Journal of the Neuromusculoskeletal System 10 (2): 70-78, http://images.vortala.com/chiropractor/USA/Maryland/Bowie/usHoldingChiropracticClinic/SiteGraphics/spondylolisthesis.pdf
- Wyatt, L; Perle, S; Murphy, D; Hyde, Thomas (7/05), "The necessary future of chiropractic education: a North American perspective", Chiropractic and Osteopathy 13 (10), doi:10.1186/1746-1340-13-10, http://www.chiroandosteo.com/content/13/1/10
- Souza, Thomas A.; Hyde, Thomas E. (2004), Differential Diagnosis and Management for the Chiropractor: Protocols and (3rd ed.), Jones and Bartlett, ISBN 0763732206, 9780763732202, http://books.google.com/books?id=SSttAAAAMAAJ&q=%22Thomas+E+Hyde%22,+DC&dq=%22Thomas+E+Hyde%22,+DC&cd=2