Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
World Federation of Chiropractic
|World Federation of Chiropractic|
|President||Dr. Dennis Richards Australia|
|Website||World Federation of Chiropractic|
The World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) is an international consulting body representing chiropractic to the international health care community.  
French: La Fédération mondiale de Chiropratique (FMC)
Spanish: La Federación Mundial de Quiropráctica (FMQ)
In September 1987, at a World Chiropractic Summit convened by the European Chiropractors' Union in London, England. There was agreement that a President's Committee be formed to inquire into, and report upon, the formation of a world federation representing national chiropractic associations. The President's Committee reported, and the World Federation of Chiropractic was established in Sydney, Australia on October 2, 1988 at a World Chiropractic Congress  organized by the Chiropractor's Association of Australia. It was initially conceived by Dr. Gary Auerbach, DC,  of Tucson, AZ, in consultation with Mr. David Chapman-Smith, a barrister practicing in Toronto, Canada.
The Federation today represents virtually every national chiropractic association in the world; now numbering some 90 Countries. The offices of the WFC are under the direction of David Chapman-Smith, who has served as Secretary-general of the WFC since its founding.
|President||Country of Origin||Term of Service|
|Dr. Gary Auerbach||United States||1989-1992|
|Dr. Christoph Diem||Switzerland||1992-1995|
|Dr John Sweaney||Australia||1995-1998|
|Dr. Louis Sportelli||United States||1998-2000|
|Dr. Bruce Vaughan||Hong Kong (SAR)||2000-2002|
|Dr. Paul Carey||Canada||2002-2004|
|Dr. Anthony Metcalfe||United Kingdom||2004-2006|
|Dr. Gerard Clum||United States||2006-2008|
|Dr. Efstathios Papadopolous||Cyprus||2008-2010|
|Dr. J. Michael Flynn||United States||2010-2012|
|Dr. Dennis Richards||Australia||2012-Present|
The WFC is in formal relations as a non-governmental organization (NGB) with the World Health Organization. It achieved full formal relations status around 1993, after strong support from the World Federation of Neurology World Federation of Health Associations , and the International Council of Nurses . The WFC is also an Associate Member of the Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS).
The WFC's offices also provides administrative services for the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic (FICS).
- Online Dictionary Listing
- ^Chapman-Smith, David; Cleveland, Carl (2005). "International Status, Standards, And Education Of The Chiropractic Profession". in Haldeman, Scott. Principles and practice of Chiropractic. McGraw-Hill. p. 111. ISBN 0071375341
- "World Federation of Chiropractic - The Who, What, Why, Where and How". ChiroWeb.com. http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=31820. Retrieved 8 September 2009.
- Haldeman, S (2005). Principles and Practice of Chiropractic (3rd ed.). McGraw-Hill. p. 112. http://books.google.com/books?id=3C8v1JPIzmkC&pg=PA112&lpg=PA112&dq=World+Federation+of+Chiropractic&source=bl&ots=A5KKh3jK3l&sig=hKjJpfN6CYeLiWWn7TabI6mN3UE&hl=en&ei=en_DStPiCpC0lAeWtrHIBQ&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=6#v=onepage&q=World%20Federation%20of%20Chiropractic&f=false.
- Taylor, R: "Family medicine: principles and practice", Springer, 2003, Page 1104 [ISBN 0387954007, 9780387954004]
- Rekel, D: "Complementary medicine in clinical practice: integrative practice in ..."", Jones & Bartlett Publishers, 2005 [ISBN 0763730653, 9780763730659]
- http://www.who.int/civilsociety/relations/ngolisteb120.pdf [Pg. 6]
- Dynamic Chiropractic –. February 10, 1997. http://www.chiroweb.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=38107.
- World Federation of Chiropractic website
- List of National associations members of the World Federation of Chiropractic
- List of Chiropractic School