Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
August L. Schultz
|Dr. August L. Schultz|
August L. Schultz, DC, PhC
|Born||August 25, 1904|
|Died||Abt 1992 |
|Alma mater||Lincoln School of Chiropractic |
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Author|
|Years active||1930's - 2000's|
|Home town||Mitchell, SD|
|Known for||The 1st DC to Serve a major University as Team Doctor|
|Spouse(s)||Myrna D. Schultz, DC |
August L. Shultz, DC, PhC, was a Chiropractor practicing in Mitchell, South Dakota. He graduated in the 1940's from the Lincoln School of Chiropractic (which was absorbed into National College of Chiropractic. He is notable for having been one of the first Doctors of Chiropractic to serve as a team doctor for a major university team, having served as trainer for Dakota Wesleyan University. He was an author and inventor, with ten patents for orthopedic supports . He was married to Myrna D. Schultz, DC who also went to Lincoln School of Chiropractic after an illness was helped only by Chiropractic.  They had no children. But, they were a part of a whole family of DC's. Myrna's brother Dr. Albrecht, and his son Bruce all joined the profession.
- "Athletic and industrial injuries of the Foot and Ankle", August L. Shultz, DC, PhC, Argus Printers, Stickney, SD, 1958
- "Industrial and Athletic injuries of the Knee", August L. Shultz, DC, PhC, Argus Printers, Stickney, SD, 1963
- "The Shoulder, Arm and Hand Syndrome", August L. Shultz, DC, PhC, Argus Printers, Stickney, SD, 1969; ISBN: B0007H8CNS
- "The Knee, Femur and Pelvis", August L. Shultz, DC, PhC, Argus Printers, Stickney, SD, 1979 
- US3970081 Jul 20, 1976 Tennis elbow brace 
- US3992238 Nov 16, 1976 Method for molding a protective pad 
- US4532921 Aug 6, 1985 Knee joint bandage 
- US4938207 Jul 3, 1990 Knee brace having plurality of fluid filled chambers surrounding knee 
- US4941462 Jul 17, 1990 Orthosis 
- US5277697 Jan 11, 1994 Patella-femoral brace 
- US5472413 Dec 5, 1995 Universal fit knee and elbow braces with spiders 
- US5613943 Mar 25, 1997 Dynamic patella brace with floating patella pad 
- US5807298 Sep 15, 1998 Dynamic patella brace and method 
- US6582382 Jun 24, 2003 Orthopedic supports 
- Albrecht, Mrs. Bruce. Interview with Stephen J. Press, DC. Life of Augie Schultz. Telephone call. Mitchell, SD. 2011-08-26. Retrieved on 2011-08-26.
- Schultz, DC, PhC, August L. (1979) (in English). The Knee, Femur and Pelvis. Stickney, SD: Argus Printers. pp. 246.
- Press, DC, FACSM, Stephen (June 17-20). "Role of the Chiropractic Doctor in the Sports Medical Team". Proceedings of the United States Olympic Academy XI. Indianapolis, IN: United States Olympic Committee, Education Council. pp. 246-252.
- Staff. "Hall of Fame". ACA Sports Council. http://en.wikichiro.org/index.php?title=ACA_Sports_Council#The_.22Hall_of_Fame.22__Award. Retrieved 2011.
- "US Patent Listings". http://www.google.com/patents?id=g11vAAAAEBAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=ininventor:%22AUGUST+L.+SCHULTZ%22&hl=en&ei=TdBRTpK-KonPgAeSrdCBBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CC8Q6AEwAQ. Retrieved 2011.