Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Dr. Brian Seaman|
Brian Seaman, DC, FRCCSS(C),FICC,FCCA
|Born||September 11, 1958|
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
|Alma mater||Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College|
|Home town||Halifax, Nova Scotia|
|Known for||Sports Chiropractic|
|Board member of||Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada)|
Brian Seaman, DC, FRCCSS(C),FICC, FCCA, is a Chiropractor, at the Halifax Chiropractic Clinic. He was born on Sept. 11,1958, in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada  . He attended Dalhousie University  prior to commencing his chiropractic studies. He graduated from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (Toronto) in 1982  and since then has been in private practice in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Halifax Chiropractic Clinic. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada) in 1988.
Since graduation, Dr. Seaman has been very active within the Chiropractic profession, including having served on the Board of Governors of the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College (CMCC)  in Toronto for 12 years. He was a committee member of the External Review of CMCC’s Division of Clinical Education in 1995 and the Division of Graduate Studies in 2001. Dr. Seaman also reviews articles for the Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association (JCCA).
Dr. Seaman was a contributing author to the "Practitioner’s Guide to Whiplash Associated Disorders' published in 2000 and contributed to the development of the Canadian Chiropractic Association's original "Clinical Guidelines for Chiropractic Practice" in Canada, (published in 1993). He was a member of the Board of Directors of the Canadian Chiropractic Examining Board starting in 1997 and served as Chair from 2001 to 2004. Dr. Seaman also served as the Vice President of the Council of the Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors (NSCC) for five years (1999-2004).
Dr. Seaman has written extensively and contributed numerous articles to the profession in Canada and abroad .
- Board member of the Sports Medicine Council of Nova Scotia. 
- Member of the Sports Medicine Advisory Committee of the Canadian Sports Centre Atlantic since CSCA’s inception in 1999. Through CSCA, Dr. Seaman provides chiropractic care for Canada’s top athletes.  The Halifax Chiropractic Clinic is an Official Service Provider of the CSCA.
- Chairman of the Council of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Nova Scotia)
- Member of the Fédération Internationale de Chiropratique Sportive (FICS)
- Held numerous positions within the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada) since joining the RCCSS(C) Board when it was chartered in 1984 and served as President for five years. He has remained a member of the RCCSS(C) Board since 1984.
- Chair of the Medical Services for the 2011 Canada Winter Games (Halifax) the first time a chiropractor has served in this role since the Canada Games began in 1967.
- Past-Chairman for the Sports Medicine Committee for the National Karate Association (Canada) and volunteered at six national championships.
- Member of the Chiropractic Health Care Team for Host Medical Services at the Olympic Games in:
- Dr. Seaman was named as the Chair of Medical Services for the 2011 Canada Winter Games(Halifax, NS, Canada), the first time that a Chiropractor had served in that role since the inception of the Canada Games in 1967.
- Named as Medical Co-ordinator for the 2012 Canada-Russia Hockey Challenge and for the 2012 Swatch World Jr. Beach Volleyball Championships; both events were held in Halifax, NS, Canada.
- Dr Seaman is the Chair of Medical Services for the 2013 Haligonian Hockey Challenge which will be held at the BMO Hockey Centre in January 2013(Halifax, NS, Canada).
During his career, Dr. Seaman has been the recipient of many awards and honors , including:
- 1995 - Canadian Chiropractic Association (CCA) “Centennial Award of Excellence” 
- 1996 - Royal College of Chiropractic Sport Science (Canada) “Centenary Award” 
- 1998 - Nova Scotia College of Chiropractors “Chiropractor of the Year” 
- 1999 - “Honourary Member” of CMCC
- 2001 - CCA “Award of Merit” 
- 2002 - “Fellow” of the International College of Chiropractors (FICC)
- 2003 - “Independent Chiropractor of the Year” by the journal Canadian Chiropractor
- 2008 - Awarded the CCA’s highest honor, the “Medal of Merit”
- Seaman, B, "Email to Press,S." 04/15/2012
- Staff. "Fellows Residents Biographies". Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences. http://rccssc.ca/ns.php.
- Seaman, B. "The Articles". Halifax Chiropractic Clinic. http://www.halifaxchiropractic.ca/articles.html.
- Staff. "Gold members". IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html.
- Staff. "Silver members". IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/silver-members.html.
- Staff (Spring/Summer 2002). "Alumni feature" (in English). Primary contact (Toronto, ONT, Canada: Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College) 36 (2): 14. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/104768126/Visit-us-online-at-www----Canadian-Memorial-Chiropractic-College. Retrieved 4/21/2012.
- Staff. "CCA Awards". Canadian Chiropractic Association. http://www.chiropracticcanada.ca/en-us/AboutUs/TheCCA/Awards.aspx.