Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
David H. Pierson
|Dr. David Pierson|
David Pierson, DC, CCSP, FICC, ICSSD
|Born||May 20, 1952|
|Alma mater||Palmer College of Chiropractic West|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Educator|
|Years active||1980's to present|
|Known for||Sports Doctor|
Dr. David H. Pierson, DC, CCSP, FICC, ICSSD is a Chiropractic Physician practicing in Vermont, who is notable because he served as the 3rd President of the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic, serving from 1992-1995. He had been elected in London, 1987 at the 1st organizing meeting of the FICS to the office of 2nd Vice-President, and rose to the Presidency following the completion of the term of his predecessor. He remained on the Board of FICS until 2004
He is married to Jane, and they have a daughter, Mackenzie, and a son Ryan. Dr. Pierson was born on May 20, 1952 in Cincinnati, OH, and graduated from San Jose State University with a BS degree. He attended Palmer College of Chiropractic West, and received his DC degree in 1981.
- 1978 - He was elected as trustee for the then fledgling Northern California College of Chiropractic, which became Palmer Chiropractic College West .
- 1988 - He was editor of the 2nd Edition of the "FICS's Field Doctor's Manual", a guide to practitioners working on foreign soil. And was a major contributor to the 1st Ed.
- 1988 - 2002 - FICS delegate to the General Association of International Sports Federations (GAISF) now known as "Sport Accord"
- 1994 - 2006 - Lecturer for the FICS Diplomate program known as ICSSD.
- 2002 - 2009 - Vermont Chiropractic Association - VP, President, and Adviser.
- 2009 - present - Founding Board member, "Chiropractic Health Partners", an Independent Physician's Association, in Vermont.
- 1993 - Recipient of the FICS's "1992 Chiropractor of the Year" award  for his significant accomplishments in international sports chiropractic.
Dr. Pierson has been a team doctor at the following events:
- 1987 - All African Games - Nairobi, Kenya - Chef-de-Mission, for a delegation of Doctors who all became members of FICS, and who opened this event up to the FICS, to send official delegations in following years. 
- 1988 - All African Games - Annaba, Algeria - Co-Chef-de-Mission, for the FICS Delegation 
- 1988 - Games of the XXIVth Olympiad in Seoul, Korea , Doctor for the Island Nation of Mauritius .
- 1988 - World Track and Field Games Rome, Italy
- 1989 - He was accepted into the prestigious program at the US Olympic Training Center  in Colorado Springs, in 1989.
- 1996 - Dr. Pierson, was responsible for organizing and managing the FICS' chiropractic presence in the pre-games period preparing for the Summer Olympic Games of Atlanta, at the La Grange training center.
- 2002 - Winter Olympic Games, Salt Lake City, UT, USA - Served as FICS's Chef-de-Mission, to the World Olympian's Association's operation .
- Staff. "ACA Sports Council Members". ACA Sports Council. http://www.acasc.org/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=sobi2Details&sobi2Id=216&Itemid=60&el_mcal_month=3&el_mcal_year=2013.
- Staff. "Dr. Bertamini Elected President". Dynamic Chiropractic. http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/print_friendly.php?pr_file_name=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dynamicchiropractic.com%2Fmpacms%2Fdc_ca%2Farticle.php%3Fid%3D40592%26no_paginate%3Dtrue%26p_friendly%3Dtrue. Retrieved 3/2012.
- Keating, J. (Aug 7, 1978) (in English). Minutes of Organizational Meeting of Board of Trustees. National Institute of Chiropractic History.
- Staff. "ICSSD Class in Mexico". Dynamic Chiropractic. http://www.toyourhealth.com/print_friendly.php?pr_file_name=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.toyourhealth.com%2Fmpacms%2Fdc_ca%2Farticle.php%3Fid%3D31710%26no_paginate%3Dtrue%26p_friendly%3Dtrue.
- Staff. "The Official Directory". International College of Chiropractors. http://www.ficconline.com/directory/membership.htm#US.
- Editorial Staff (Sept 10, 1993). "Int'l Sports Federation Honors Drs. Pierson and Patterson". Vol. 11, no 19. Dynamic Chiropractic. http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=42531. Retrieved 3/2012.
- "Silver members". IAOCO Silver members list. IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/silver-members.html. Retrieved 4/2012.
- "Gold members". IAOCO Gold members list. IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html. Retrieved 3/2012.
- Topel, C; Malone, E. (Oct 7, 1996). "FICS DCs Treat Olympic Athletes as They Prepare for Games". Vol14, No21. Dynamic Chiropractic. http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=39358. Retrieved 3/2012.
- Staff. "FICS' World Report". Dynamic Chiropractic. http://dynamicchiropractic.ca/print_friendly.php?pr_file_name=http%3A%2F%2Fdynamicchiropractic.ca%2Fmpacms%2Fdc_ca%2Farticle.php%3Fid%3D15307%26no_paginate%3Dtrue%26p_friendly%3Dtrue.