Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Education||Master's degree in Science with specialty in human nutrition and Biology|
Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine
|Alma mater||University of Bridgeport|
|Occupation||Doctor, Author, Lecturer|
|Known for||Mechino Health Assessment, Adeeva Products|
James Meschino, DC, MS, ND, ROHP, RAP (born 1954) is a Canadian chiropractic and nutrition practitioner, author and educator. He is recognized as an expert in the field of nutrition, anti-aging, fitness and wellness[unreliable source?] as well as the author of numerous books. He is the founder of the RenaiSante Institute of Integrative Medicine and an associate professor at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
Early life and education
Meschino is a former member of the advisory board of the Academy of Anti-Aging Research. He is known for his lectures and research on prevention and treatment of conditions associated with aging including chronic pain, cancer, autoimmune diseases and other chronic degenerative conditions. He is a regular contributor to Dynamic Chiropractic and a member of Editorial Advisory Board at Canadian Health & Lifestyle magazine.
Meschino is a Fellow of the Academy of Anti-Aging Research and also an associate professor at the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto where he has taught courses in biochemistry, nutrition and natural medicine since 1984. He has also taught second and third year courses at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine and has been a faculty member of the American Council of Exercise (ACE) where he has taught courses to fitness professionals on nutrition, athletic performance and anti-aging. In 2010 he became a faculty member in the Integrative Cancer Therapy Fellowship Program of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine with a course for oncologists, naturopaths and other medical professionals. He is also the director of Nutritional Therapy at the Toronto-based Canadian Cancer Immuno-therapy clinic as well as a registered orthomolecular health practitioner (ROHP) and acupuncture practitioner.
Radio and television
Meschino hosted a health talk radio show on Talk 640-AM in Toronto. He was also an on-air wellness expert for Canadian living, a daily national television program on the CTV Television Network|CTV network in Canada. He has also made numerous media appearances including on ABC News, Good Morning Texas, KTLA (Los Angeles), and Great Day America on the Fox Network. Meschino has also appeared on [[Andrew Krystal| Andrew Krystal In The Morning on Fan 590 Radio. Mechino's Healthy Aging, Naturally, 90-minute television special has been featured on Detroit PBS TV.
Meschino is a product formulator for Adeeva Nutritionals, a Canadian health products supplier.
Meschino Health Assessment
In 2008, Meschino created the online Meschino Health Assessment, also commonly referred to as the Nutrition, Lifestyle and Anti-Aging assessment (NLA). Meschino created the test after numerous readers of his book "The Meschino Optimal living Program - Seven Steps To A Health, Fit, Age Resistant Body" requested a method to measure their current status and track their improvement over time.
RenaiSante Institute of Integrative Medicine
James Meschino is the founder and director of the RenaiSanté Institute of Integrative Medicine, an independent educational body that provides continuing education programs to healthcare professionals on subjects pertaining to the evidence-based use of nutrition, exercise physiology, and nutritional supplementation related to disease prevention, anti-aging, and disease management. The institute offers live continuing education seminars, distant learning for those looking to become a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner (ROHP), and additional educational resources linked to Meschino Health and Adeeva.
Books, publications, and lectures
Meschino has written books and publications relating to the impact of nutrition, exercise and supplementation on health promotion, disease prevention and management and healthy aging. He has also published articles for journals and magazines including Massage Today (An MPA Media Publication), Dynamic Chiropractic, and To Your Health. Meschino is also a lecturer and provides video lectures as part of his current business.
Meschino has been a guest lecturer for the Integrative Cancer Therapy Fellowship Program (a division of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine) where he teaches medical doctors the scientific evidence pertaining to the role of nutrition and supplementation in the management of cancer. He was also previously a regular monthly lecturer at the Regency Natural Health Spa in Hallandale Florida, a health retreat focused on the prevention and management of common health problems using nutrition and lifestyle management. He also offers corporate, professional and consumer lectures on various health and lifestyle topics through Meschino Health. In 2010, Meschino gave a lecture at the Integrative Cancer Therapy Conference hosted by the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine in Boca Raton, Florida and also gave a presentation at the 21st Annual Victoria Health Show in January 2012. He is a regular contributor to IHealthTube and other video upload websites where he uploads educational health lectures for health professionals and consumers that can be viewed at no charge.
- In the News: Dangers of Anti-Inflammatory Meds, To Your Health, Volume 6, Issue 1, (January 2012)
- Sports Supplements That Actually Work, Dynamic Chiropractic, Volume 30, Issue 14, (January 2012)
- Reducing Saturated Fat Intake to Prevent Heart Disease and Counter Weight Gain, Dynamic Chiropractic, Volume 29, Issue 13, (June 2011)
- Natural Anti-inflammatory Supplements - Research Status and Clinical Application, Naturopathy Digest, (2008)
- Supplements with Ephedra or Steroid Hormone Are Illegal for Minors, Says California Legislature, Spa Therapy Nutrition Research News, (2002)
- Diet and Prostate Cancer: Helping Your Patients Beat the Odds, Massage Today, Volume 2, Issue 4, (April 2002)
- Natural Anti-Inflammatory Supplements: Research Status and Clinical Applications, Massage Today, Volume 1, Issue 12, (December 2001)
- Antioxidant Supplements In The Prevention And Management Of Cataracts And Macular Degeneration Of The Eye, Spine Guy Newsletter, (Unknown Date)
|2012||Comprehensive Guide to Vitamins||Amazon Digital Services|
|2005||The Meschino Optimal Living Program||John Wiley & Sons|
|2004||The Wrinkle-Free Zone: Your Guide to Perfect Skin in 30 Days||ReadHowYouWant||Paperback, reprinted in Large Edition in 2012|
|2004||The Meschino Optimal Living Program||BFS Entertainment||3rd Edition printed in 2012|
|1997||Break the Weight Loss Barrier||Prentice Hall||Reprinted in 1998, Co-Authored with Barry Simon, Rose Reisman, and Doug Corcoran|
|1993||The Winning Weigh||Elite Publications, Inc.||Book co-authored with Barry Simon|
Meschino has authored e-books on vitamins and supplements including the Comprehensive Guide To Vitamins, Comprehensive Guide To Minerals, Comprehensive Guide To Herbs, and the Comprehensive Guide To Accessory Nutrients and Essential Oils. While these e-books are available in their full versions, they are also downloadable as individual chapters such as the Comprehensive Guide To Vitamin A (part of the Comprehensive Guide To Vitamins). Meschino has also authored e-books that are used as the curriculum at the College of International Holistic Studies.
- United Medicine Group. "Dr. James Meschino". http://unitedmedicinegroup.com/physician/3-Dr._James_Meschino__DC__MS__ND__ROHP__RAP. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Salt And Pepper Media News. "Nutrition and Supplements Improve Outcomes in Men with Prostate Cancer". http://www.saltandpeppermedianews.com/2010/03/09/nutrition-and-supplements-improve-outcomes-in-men-with-prostate-cancer-dr-james-meschino/. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "James Meschino, DC, MSc", Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. "Nutrition And Natural Medicine In The Prevention And management Of Degenerative Diseases". http://www.cmcc.ca/document.doc?id=84. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- "Doctors 'should assess variables before giving advice'", American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- "Articles by James P. Meschino", Dynamic Chiropractic, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- “Editorial Advisory Board”, Canadian Health & Lifestyle, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- World Health. "Doctors Should Assess Variables Before Giving Advice". http://www.worldhealth.net/news/doctors_should_assess_variables_before_g/. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- “About United Medicine Group”, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- “About Our Medical And Support Staff”, Cancer Immunotherapy Centers, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- ABC News. "Nutrition and Supplementation In Prostate Health".
- Nature’s Fare Market. "Take The Natural Health Test". http://www.naturesfare.com/blog/take-the-natural-health-test/. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Adeeva. "Listen To Dr. Meschino On Fan 590 Radio". http://adeeva.com/index.php/health_and_nutrition. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- Daily Motion. "Can I Manage Health Conditions With Diet & Supplementation". http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xp6n0t_can-i-manage-health-conditions-with-diet-supplementation_lifestyle. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- “RenaiSanté Institute of Integrative Medicine”, Retrieved on 2011-5-5.
- Adeeva. "Nutritional-Based Continuing Education For Health Practitioners". http://www.adeeva.com/documents/pseminar_toronto_110227V2.pdf. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Massage Today. "Nutrition And Wellness Care". http://www.massagetoday.com/mpacms/mt/columnist_previous.php?id=622. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Dynamic Chiropractic. "Nutrition Therapies and Anti-Aging Research". http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/columnist_other_articles.php?id=622. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Adeeva. "Dr. James Meschino". http://adeevainfo.com/adeeva/dr_james_meschino. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- The Health Shop. "21st Annual Victoria Health Show". http://www.canwestproductions.com/Health---Victoria. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- iHealthTube. "Contributor – Dr. James Meschino". http://www.ihealthtube.com/aspx/contributors.aspx?sp=225. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Meschino Health. "Expert Learning Center". http://www.meschinohealth.com/expert_learning_center#. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- The College of International Holistic Studies. "Books Included In Tuition". http://www.cihs.ca/books-included-in-tuition.php. Retrieved 23 June 2012.