Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
James W. Parker
|Dr. James Wm. Parker|
"Dr. Jim" Parker
|Born||Sept 12, 1920|
|Died||November 7, 1997|
|Alma mater||Palmer College of Chiropractic|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician College President, College Founder|
|Years active||1940's to 1990's|
|Employer||Parker College of Chiropractic|
|Known for||College President|
Dr. James William Parker (Sept 12, 1920- November 7, 1997), known affectionately by the Profession as "Dr. Jim", was the founder of Parker College of Chiropractic, and the Parker Chiropractic Research Foundation in Fort Worth, Texas.
Jim Parker, became interested in chiropractic medicine when he was 12 years old. While with the help of chiropractic care, he recovered from severe back and neck injuries. Following in the footsteps of his mentor, Roy LeMond, Parker graduated from Palmer School of Chiropractic in July 1946. Becoming known for his Parker Seminar program, inaugurated in 1951, Parker looked to extend his influence in the chiropractic field with the founding of Parker College of Chiropractic in 1978.
Parker Seminar program
When the first Parker Seminar was held on December 13, 1951, only seven doctors of chiropractic showed up. Four decades later, the seminars are billed as the largest gathering of chiropractors in the world, routinely drawing doctors from around the globe and featuring many top chiropractic speakers.
Parker College of Chiropractic
Founded in 1978, by Parker, Parker College of Chiropractic is located in Dallas, Texas. It is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Bachelor of Science and Doctor of Chiropractic degrees. It also offers a Bachelor of Science in Anatomy and Bachelor of Science of Health and Wellness.
- Dynamic Chiropractic - Parker College Founder Dies - A Moment of Silence for James W. Parker, DC - By Editorial Staff - December 1, 1997, Vol. 15, Issue 25 - 
- Dynamic Chiropractic - Dr. James Parker -- A Remarkable 50 Years of Chiropractic Service - By Editorial Staff - August 15, 1996, Vol. 14, Issue 17 - 
- Dynamic Chiropractic - Parker College Board "Removes" Dr. Jim Parker from Campus - By Editorial Staff - May 5, 1997, Vol. 15, Issue 10 - 
- The Chiropractic Journal - Upholding the tradition - Staff Writer - March 2001 - 
- Free Press - Fife Chiropractic celebrates new location - By Free Press Staff Writers - Tacoma Weekly – 
- PR Newswire - Parker College Announces Grant for Inner-City Games Foundation; Contribution Supports Youth Fitness, Cultural and Educational Outreach Programs. - March 13, 2003 – 
- Loislaw, Law & Business - Georgia Rules and Regulations – 
- Paker College of Chiropractic – History of Parker – Accreditation – 
- Parker College Catalog, p. 140
|The basis of this article is contributed from Wikipedia. These articles are licensed under the GNU Free Documentation License It may have since been edited beyond all recognition. But we thank Wikipedia for allowing its use. Please discuss further on this Article's talk page.|