Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Dr. Jan Corwin|
Jan Corwin, DC, CCSP
New York City
|Alma mater||National College of Chiropractic|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1970's- Present|
|Home town||Ridgewood, NJ|
|Known for||President ACA Sports Council,and US Olympic DC.|
|Spouse(s)||Debbie Grunfield Corwin|
Jan Corwin, DC, CCSP is a 1976 graduate of National College of Chiropractic from New Jersey, who practiced for most of his career (1978-2005) in Oakland, California. He is notable for having been the 3rd Doctor of Chiropractic to serve as team physician for the US Olympic team, and the FIRST to be taken overseas by the USOC, going to Seoul, Korea in 1988 . He was President of the ACA Sports Council from 1991-1993 . During his career he worked with multiple high school, college, professional and Olympic athletes. He helped get Chiropractors involved with the Women's Professional Beach Volleyball Association, working with them from 1991- 1993, working with Ed Scale, DC from Manhattan Beach, CA. Dr. Corwin was also instrumental in getting the ACA Sports Council to be recognized by the National Football League Players Association. He is a member of the US Olympic Sports Medicine Society and FICS, and has lectured around the world on Chiropractic and sports injuries. Today, he has retired from active practice and returned to New Jersey, where he resides in Ridgewood with his wife Debbie. He keeps busy as a professor in the medical department at Berkeley College . And volunteers as an EMT in his home town. Dr. Corwin is a life-long member of the ACA, ACA Sports Council, and one of the early members of FICS
Administrative positions held
- 1991-1993- President of the ACA Sports Council
- 1994 - 2005 - Northern CA Olympians - Board Member
- 1995-Present -Board of Directors - International Academy of Olympic Chiropractic Officers(IAOCO)
- New Doctor of the Year Award from the CA Chiropractic Association in 1980.
- 1989- "Chiropractor of the Year" award ACA Sports Council .
- 1988- US Olympic team, (FIRST to be taken overseas by the USOC) Seoul, Korea
- Staff. "United States Olympic Committee; Division of Sports Medicine; Chiropractic Selection Committee". ACA Sports Council (Archived Site). http://web.archive.org/web/20010810160118/http://www.acasc.org/chiroinolympics.html. Retrieved 2011.
- Staff. "Past Presidents". ACA Sports Council. http://en.wikichiro.org/index.php?title=ACA_Sports_Council#The_.22Hall_of_Fame.22__Award. Retrieved 2011.
- Staff Writer. "Faculty" (.pdf file). Student Handbook. Berkeley College. http://search.freefind.com/find.html?oq=Jan+corwin&id=45630273&pageid=r&_charset_=UTF-8&bcd=%C3%B7&scs=1&query=Jan+corwin&Find=Search&mode=ALL&search=all. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff. "Chiropractor of the Year". ACA Sports Council. http://en.wikichiro.org/index.php?title=ACA_Sports_Council#The_.22Hall_of_Fame.22__Award. Retrieved 2011.