Jim Wooley, DC
|Full name||James Ralph Wooley, DC|
|Born||8 March 1949|
|Club||Karl Geis Judo School|
James Ralph "Jim" Wooley, DC,  is a judoka born March 8, 1949 in Houston, TX. He attended the University of Houston, and was a two time US Olympians participating in the 1972 (Munich) and 1976 (Montreal - 5th place) US Olympic teams. In 1972, he competed in the "under 93kg" class, and in 1976 in the "open" class . He also won a Bronze medal in the Pan American Games in Mexico City.   At the 1975 World Games Training Camp he suffered a compression fracture in his cervical spine. When his injury was not responsive to conventional medical treatment, Jim turned to chiropractic and experienced considerable relief. This prompted him to enroll at the Palmer College of Chiropractic, where he graduated Magna Cum Laude in 1979. After being elected to the United States Olympic Committee , Jim was instrumental in bringing chiropractic treatment to the Olympic arena, serving as a Judo team "personnel" in 1984. Jim has always practiced in a multidisciplinary environment, working with medical physicians to combine the best of the alternative and conventional medicine specialties. Dr. Wooley currently lectures for the California Academy for Manipulation under anesthesia (MUA).
Dr. Wooley has been practicing in the Irvine, CA area since 1974. He and his wife Linda have two sons .
- Staff Writer. "All Time US Olympians". Olympic History. VisionBox. http://sochi2014.visionbox.com/history/us-olympic-history/all-time-olympians.aspx?sport=JUDO&qssport=JUDO. Retrieved 2/14/2014.
- Staff Writer. "US Olympic Judo teams, 1964 to present". Website of the Judoinfo.com. Judoinfo.com. http://judoinfo.com/usolympic.htm. Retrieved 2/14/2014.
- Staff Writer. "Jimmy Wooley". Athlete's records. SR/Olympic Sport. http://www.sports-reference.com/olympics/athletes/wo/jimmy-wooley-1.html. Retrieved 2/15/2014.
- Staff (8/7/2003). "People". Camresearch.com Website. Camresearch.com. http://web.archive.org/web/20030807071145/http://camresearch.com/cam/people/j_wooley.html/. Retrieved 2/15/2014.
- Staff Writer (1976). "JUDO - Team personnel". 1976 US Olympic Book. New York: United State Olympic Committee. p. 277.
- "Count me in". email from Jim Wooley to SJP, re: ISCA. 2/24/2005.