Lawrence S. Bell
|Dr. Larry Bell|
Larry Bell, DC, FRCCSS(C)
|Born||Mar 1, 1952|
Barrie, ONT CANADA
|Alma mater||Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College|
|Known for||Sports Chiropractic|
|Board member of||Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada)|
Lawrence S. "Larry" Bell, B.Sc., M.Sc., D.C., FCCSS(C), FICC, ART® is a member of the "College of Chiropractors of Ontario",  practicing in Orillia, ONT, Canada. He was born on March 1, 1952, in Barrie, ONT Canada. He is a 1979 graduate of the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. He is a distinguished "Fellow" of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada). Dr. Bell is notable for having been an Olympic team Doctor multiple times representing various nations .
March 15, 2012, Dr. Bell appeared on CBC Television in a special about training athletes.  At the University of Alberta’s Canadian Athletics Coaching Center and at international track-and-field competitions, Bell teaches athletes how to perform better by adjusting how they use their feet. He goes to Alberta five or six times each year.
Dr. Bell is a listed provider for the Canadian Sports Centre, a partner facility of the Canadian Olympic Committee 
- 2012 - Clearwater Documentary, in cooperation with the CBC, has produced the documentary film called "The Perfect Runner" , and Dr. Bell is featured, appearing in the film, as one of their scientific consultants.
He completed a post graduate fellowship in Sports Science  and is a Chiropractic Sports Specialist. He completed his Masters in Science in Human Nutrition in 1985 , and is an accredited provider of Active Release Techniques®.
Dr. Bell has been heavily involved in many different sports disciplines and has been to over 40 international events  including:
- 1988 - 5th African Championships - FICS delegation  
- 1989 - African Games - Lagos, Nigeria (FICS's delegation Co-Chef-de-Mission) 
- 1990 - World Triathlon
- 1992 - World Triathlon 
- 1993 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1994 - Commonwealth Games (FICS's delegation Chef-de-Mission) 
- 1995 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1996 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Sierra Leone 
- 1997 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1997 - World Woman's Hockey Championships
- 1999 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1999 - World Woman's Hockey Championships
- 2000 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Nigeria 
- 2004 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Surinam 
- 2008 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Portugal/Nigeria 
- 2010 - Winter Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Turkey 
As well as 14 World Championships 
- 1996 - Centenary Award from the Royal College of Chiropractic Sport Science (Canada) This award is for individuals who as a result of their efforts, and dedication, have been involved with athletes both on and off the field, and have participated in sporting events, thereby establishing the validity of Chiropractic as a necessary and viable component of the modern sport medical team.
- 1999 - "Fellow" of the International College of Chiropractors (FICC).  He is one of only 400 Chiropractors world-wide to be so honored.
He has lectured extensively on Sports Injuries, Performance Enhancement, and Nutrition both nationally and internationally.
- Staff. "College of Chiropractors". L'Ordre des Chiropraticiens de l'Ontario. http://www.cco.on.ca/English/Chiropractor-Search/Browse/default.aspx?corporationSearch=False&pageNum=14&pageSize=25&StartChar=A&EndChar=B.
- Staff (24-26 June 2011). "Speakers" (in English). FICS' Amsterdam Informational brochure (Amsterdam, Netherlands: FICS). http://www.docstoc.com/docs/78254673/Amsterdam-Info-Brochure-_-Application. Retrieved 4/21/2012.
- Staff. "Gold members". IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html.
- Sara Ross. "The Packet & Times". CBC television. http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3496998.
- Staff. "Service Providers". CSC Ontario. http://www.cscontario.ca/web_page/service_providers.php?id=4.
- Niobe Thompson. The Perfect Runner. [Motion Picture]. Ontario: Documentary Films, Canadian Broadcasting Co.. http://www.theperfectrunner.com/about-the-film/more-about-the-film/.
- Staff. "Chiropractic Athletic Injury Rehabilitation". CAIR. http://www.angelfire.com/on/DocJohn/cairdc.html.
- Press, S.; Edited by:Montgomery, J (pre publication) (in English). The History of Sports Chiropractic (1st ed.). lulu.com. pp. 350.
- Press, DC, Stephen J. (June 6, 1990). "African championships". Dynamic Chiropractic (Huntington beach, CA: MPA Media) 8 (12). http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=45310.
- Staff Writer (Aug 4, 1989), Champions Here Too, Lagos, Nigeria: Daily Champion, pp. 14
- Staff. "Olympics All Business for Doc". The Barrie Examiner. http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=1140880.
- Fleming, Matt. "no Olympic Sightseeing". The Orillia Packet & Times. http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1141316.
- Staff (Jan, 2, 1995). "Treating DCs Make Presence Felt at Commonwealth Games in Victoria". Dynamic Chiropractic (Huntington beach, CA: MPA Media) 13 (1). http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=40018.
- Staff. "The Official Directory -Canada". International College of Chiropractors. http://www.ficconline.com/directory/membership.htm#canada.