Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
Lawrence S. Bell
|Dr. Larry Bell|
Larry Bell, DC, FRCCSS(C)
|Born||Mar 1, 1952|
Barrie, ONT CANADA
|Alma mater||Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College|
|Known for||Sports Chiropractic|
|Board member of||Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada)|
Lawrence S. "Larry" Bell, B.Sc., M.Sc., D.C., FCCSS(C), FICC, ART® is a member of the "College of Chiropractors of Ontario",  practicing in Orillia, ONT, Canada. He was born on March 1, 1952, in Barrie, ONT Canada. He is a 1979 graduate of the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College. He is a distinguished "Fellow" of the Royal College of Chiropractic Sports Sciences (Canada). Dr. Bell is notable for having been an Olympic team Doctor multiple times representing various nations .
March 15, 2012, Dr. Bell appeared on CBC Television in a special about training athletes.  At the University of Alberta’s Canadian Athletics Coaching Center and at international track-and-field competitions, Bell teaches athletes how to perform better by adjusting how they use their feet. He goes to Alberta five or six times each year.
Dr. Bell is a listed provider for the Canadian Sports Centre, a partner facility of the Canadian Olympic Committee 
He has been an instructor internationally in the ICSSD for eight years,  and a member of the review board for the Journal of Sports Chiropractic and Rehabilitation
- 2012 - Clearwater Documentary, in cooperation with the CBC, has produced the documentary film called "The Perfect Runner" , and Dr. Bell is featured, appearing in the film, as one of their scientific consultants.
He completed a post graduate fellowship in Sports Science  and is a Chiropractic Sports Specialist. He completed his Masters in Science in Human Nutrition in 1985 , and is an accredited provider of Active Release Techniques®.
Dr. Bell was an early member of the International Federation of Sports Chiropractic and was recognized by their education commission by being elevated to the Rank of "Full Member" 
Dr. Bell has been heavily involved in many different sports disciplines and has been to over 40 international events  including:
- 1988 - 5th African Championships - FICS delegation  
- 1989 - African Games - Lagos, Nigeria (FICS's delegation Co-Chef-de-Mission) 
- 1990 - World Triathlon
- 1992 - World Triathlon 
- 1993 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1994 - Commonwealth Games (FICS's delegation Chef-de-Mission) 
- 1995 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1996 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Sierra Leone 
- 1997 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1997 - World Woman's Hockey Championships
- 1999 - World Track & Field Championships 
- 1999 - World Woman's Hockey Championships
- 2000 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Nigeria 
- 2004 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Surinam 
- 2008 - Summer Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Portugal/Nigeria 
- 2010 - Winter Olympic Games - Team Doctor for Turkey 
As well as 14 World Championships 
- 1996 - Centenary Award from the Royal College of Chiropractic Sport Science (Canada) This award is for individuals who as a result of their efforts, and dedication, have been involved with athletes both on and off the field, and have participated in sporting events, thereby establishing the validity of Chiropractic as a necessary and viable component of the modern sport medical team.
- 1999 - "Fellow" of the International College of Chiropractors (FICC).  He is one of only 400 Chiropractors world-wide to be so honored.
He has lectured extensively on Sports Injuries, Performance Enhancement, and Nutrition both nationally and internationally.
- ↑ Staff. "College of Chiropractors". L'Ordre des Chiropraticiens de l'Ontario. http://www.cco.on.ca/English/Chiropractor-Search/Browse/default.aspx?corporationSearch=False&pageNum=14&pageSize=25&StartChar=A&EndChar=B.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Staff (24-26 June 2011). "Speakers" (in English). FICS' Amsterdam Informational brochure (Amsterdam, Netherlands: FICS). http://www.docstoc.com/docs/78254673/Amsterdam-Info-Brochure-_-Application. Retrieved 4/21/2012.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Staff. "Gold members". IAOCO. http://iaoco.org/membership/gold-members.html.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sara Ross. "The Packet & Times". CBC television. http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3496998.
- ↑ Staff. "Service Providers". CSC Ontario. http://www.cscontario.ca/web_page/service_providers.php?id=4.
- ↑ Niobe Thompson. The Perfect Runner. [Motion Picture]. Ontario: Documentary Films, Canadian Broadcasting Co.. http://www.theperfectrunner.com/about-the-film/more-about-the-film/.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 7.3 7.4 7.5 Staff. "Chiropractic Athletic Injury Rehabilitation". CAIR. http://www.angelfire.com/on/DocJohn/cairdc.html.
- ↑ Press, S.; Edited by:Montgomery, J (pre publication) (in English). The History of Sports Chiropractic (1st ed.). lulu.com. pp. 350.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Press, DC, Stephen J. (June 6, 1990). "African championships". Dynamic Chiropractic (Huntington beach, CA: MPA Media) 8 (12). http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=45310.
- ↑ Staff Writer (Aug 4, 1989), Champions Here Too, Lagos, Nigeria: Daily Champion, pp. 14
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 11.3 Staff. "Olympics All Business for Doc". The Barrie Examiner. http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/PrintArticle.aspx?e=1140880.
- ↑ Fleming, Matt. "no Olympic Sightseeing". The Orillia Packet & Times. http://www.orilliapacket.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?archive=true&e=1141316.
- ↑ Staff (Jan, 2, 1995). "Treating DCs Make Presence Felt at Commonwealth Games in Victoria". Dynamic Chiropractic (Huntington beach, CA: MPA Media) 13 (1). http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=40018.
- ↑ Staff. "The Official Directory -Canada". International College of Chiropractors. http://www.ficconline.com/directory/membership.htm#canada.