In Current News:
In the Wall Street Journal article
recently by Catey Hill, she talks about the pitfalls in interpreting advertising statements, and some of the revolting, and potentially dangerous additives our government allows in our food.
- Eat anything pink in color this week? You may be eating bugs, or bug extracts.... Carminic Acid is a common additive used to make things red or pink. It's an extract from the bodies of cochineal beetles. According to the Wall street journal, Peru alone produced more than 1 million pounds of the stuff last year.
- ADA, or Azodicarbonamide, is found in some 500 packaged goods sold in this country. Including cupcakes, cookies and crackers. It is aloso used in flip-flops, yoga mats and other plastic products, and it has been implicated in respiratory problems and allergies. ADA is banned in Europe.
- rBGH, or Bovine Somatotropin has been banned in Europe and Canada, but is allowed here in the USA. It is implicated in causing cancers, but it's still used to stimulate milk production in US cows.
- Arsenic ? Did you know that rice contains especially high levels? Last year the FDA recommended that consumers diversify their consumption of food products, rather than focus on rice in avoiding gluten.
- What does the word "Natural" mean? if its products regulated by the US Department of Agriculture, it means "items which don't contain artificial colors or ingredients". But if its in stuff regulated by the FDA, they don't regulate this as closely, so "natural" may be meaningless.
- Enriched? Generally speaking, "Enriched" products, have first had all their vitamins and mineral removed by bleaching or other processing, and then have vitamins and minerals added to "enrich" them.
DID YOU KNOW?
... That Wikipedia policies give license to administrators to permit the slander of Chiropractic by MD's and others with an agenda, and rewards it, but "community bans" DC's who edit about it, regardless of how well referenced, as "self promoting"?
... That there is NO SCIENCE behind the absurd allegations that Chiropractic adjustments can cause Strokes
... That MD's pay on average, about ten times the malpractice premiums as DC's! So who is more dangerous for you to see?
THIS MONTH'S BIRTHDAYS
... Happy Birthday in June to:Gordy Ainsleigh; Martin Earley; Seymour Mac Goldstein; Dave Juehring; R. Keith McCormick; Phillip T. Santiago; and Gregory Uchacz; and commemorating the births of Gerry E. Hinton; William Ivens and Leonard Schroeder.
... Please click here: Birthdays we need, and see if you know any of these famous DC's B'days.
Our Vision for WikiChiro
This exciting project, now nearly four years old, is providing the World with a portal to information about our profession. Our Wiki is to be modeled after (but in no sense related to) Wikipedia, with a few basic differences.
- 1.- WikiChiro should remain a Chiropractic domain. Naturally, we can look at other related alternative and complementary professions, IF they are rationally based, actually work, even if only empirically, AND they have at least SOME basis in rational scientific concepts. I feel very strongly that we should, remain mainstream. So: no crystal therapies, iridology, or dancing in Time's Square in grass skirts; unless you are FULLY prepared to back your ideas up in scientific studies; and,
- 2.- Apropos that; WikiChiro should attempt to keep fringe elements out of the public face of this profession, and maintain a scientific and rational basis for any claims made by our contributors; and,
- 3.- Like the biggest WikiSite, we need to stress that references are everything! In short, if you can't reference your claim, then you can't post it here; and,
- 4.- We still need people who are native fluent in French, Italian, German, and Spanish, to become the administrators of those languages; and,
- 5.- We are proud to say that we have many of the directors of research of the World's Chiropractic Colleges, participating in making this the forefront for Chiropractic research, and articles for the public. We created what we believe is a stellar Board of Directors, and are turning this into a non-profit foundation to perpetuate the database. Please log on, create an account, and say so on your talk page.
- Finally: for those who would denigrate the largest NON-SURGICAL healing arts profession, by vandalizing this site. Know that you WILL be blocked, and then banned, very quickly under the same rules as on the majore Wikisites.
So...If you are here to help; PLEASE create an account; log in, and pitch in to help make this the premiere site in Chiropractic.
Let's empty the libraries of Chiropractic into this site and together we will make this THE go to place for Chiropractic data.
These sites are now linking to us!
WIKICHIRO PROUDLY ANNOUNCES EXCITING SISTER SITE AGREEMENT
WITH Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (CCGPP) for research articles.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTORY
CCGPP will review the latest in research, and we will post articles interpreting the science in terms for those not totally comfortable reading scientific papers
Visit WikiChiro's Other Sister and Recommended Sites
| Wikichiro is hosted by the Wikichiro Foundation, a non-profit organization that is developed as a clone of the Wikipedia group of projects. Wikipedia, (Which has NOTHING to do with Wikichiro, other then that the Wikimedia foundation provides the software to do this free) uses Wikipedia's pages in accordance with the open source policy and attributes them as required, in the same way we coordinate with Ourmed.org, and Wikidoc.org.
|27th August, 2011- State of New Jersey Issues Certificate of Registration
WikiChiro Foundation, inc is registered in NJ as Non-Profit Corporation
Archived News Articles...
May 18, 2014 + (by week number)
From Nov. 6, 2012- May 2014
Nov. 5, 2012
Aug. 21, 2012
Jul. 24, 2012
Mar. 3, 2012
Oct. 8, 2011
Sept. 9, 2011
Aug. 27, 2011
Jun. 15, 2011
May 19, 2011
Apr. 18, 2011
Founding to 3/2011
* Check the current week number here