In Current News:
GAINING WEIGHT WHILE EATING SUGAR SUBSTITUTES?
In the July 2, 2014 Bergen Record Newspaper in North Jersey, Taylor Feuss wrote a great piece about artificial sweeteners and weight gain. She only failed to interview a specialist in nutritional medicine. Regardless, her point was that many people substitute artifical sweeteners for sugar, thinking it will help them shed pounds and they actually gain weight! Why? Because you can't fool your brain.
When you comsume fake sweets, the brain thinks you are getting sugar, and stimulates insulin production in expectation of getting calories for energy and fat storage. When the calories don't arrive, your body is not only unhappy, but the hormones which should be triggering pleasure/reward, called dopamine are not released. Thus not sated, the body now really craves the real deal, and you reach for that chocholate cheese cake. Worse, thinking that you saved calories by cheating your body like that, you can rationalize that you can "afford" the cheesecake calories and you thereby gain weight.
Equal (Aspartame) is 180 times sweeter then sugar, and metabolizes to among other charming things, Formaldehyde; Sweet n Low (Saccharin) is 400 times and Splenda (Sucralose) 800 times sweeter then sugar. This is like crack cocaine. Far better is Stevia, sold under the name Truvia. It's a plant which grows in the Paraguayan amazon and now cultivated in the US, and is not made in a laboratory.
Linking to WikiChiro will make it easier for the public to find balanced information about our profession.
Please feel free to link to us. For more information about links see HERE.
WHEN YOU EDIT
See the Sidebar (far left) for a portal directly to the core Chiropractic articles
RED links, mean we NEED an article(s) - BLUE links are a link to an existing article
- BLACK means you're arrived
- Our 3 tenets are: Be Polite; Be Objective/Impartial; Be referenced! - Remember that this is a work in progress.
- YOU will determine the ultimate direction of this site - Join us, to make WC the premiere site for information on Chiropractic
- For some help in getting started Click here --- |--- What IS Chiropractic?: See the article... click here
Now Viewed Template:NUMBEROFVIEWS times; or just about 15,000 views/wk
DID YOU KNOW?
... That Wikipedia policies give license to administrators to permit the slander of Chiropractic by MD's and others with an agenda, and rewards it, but "community bans" DC's who edit about it, regardless of how well referenced, as "self promoting"?
... That there is NO SCIENCE behind the absurd allegations that Chiropractic adjustments can cause Strokes
... That MD's pay on average, about ten times the malpractice premiums as DC's! So who is more dangerous for you to see?
THIS MONTH'S BIRTHDAYS
... Happy Birthday in July to: Jan Corwin; Robert DeStefano; Ronald Farabaugh; Mary Beth Iagorashvili; Peter Olsson; Reed Phillips; and Shawn Stasiak; and commemorating the births of Clarence Gonstead; and Des Sinclair.
... Please click here: Birthdays we need, and see if you know any of these famous DC's B'days.
Our Vision for WikiChiro
This exciting project, now nearly four years old, is providing the World with a portal to information about our profession. Our Wiki is to be modeled after (but in no sense related to) Wikipedia, with a few basic differences.
- 1.- WikiChiro should remain a Chiropractic domain. Naturally, we can look at other related alternative and complementary professions, IF they are rationally based, actually work, even if only empirically, AND they have at least SOME basis in rational scientific concepts. I feel very strongly that we should, remain mainstream. So: no crystal therapies, iridology, or dancing in Time's Square in grass skirts; unless you are FULLY prepared to back your ideas up in scientific studies; and,
- 2.- Apropos that; WikiChiro should attempt to keep fringe elements out of the public face of this profession, and maintain a scientific and rational basis for any claims made by our contributors; and,
- 3.- Like the biggest WikiSite, we need to stress that references are everything! In short, if you can't reference your claim, then you can't post it here; and,
- 4.- We still need people who are native fluent in French, Italian, German, and Spanish, to become the administrators of those languages; and,
- 5.- We are proud to say that we have many of the directors of research of the World's Chiropractic Colleges, participating in making this the forefront for Chiropractic research, and articles for the public. We created what we believe is a stellar Board of Directors, and are turning this into a non-profit foundation to perpetuate the database. Please log on, create an account, and say so on your talk page.
- Finally: for those who would denigrate the largest NON-SURGICAL healing arts profession, by vandalizing this site. Know that you WILL be blocked, and then banned, very quickly under the same rules as on the majore Wikisites.
So...If you are here to help; PLEASE create an account; log in, and pitch in to help make this the premiere site in Chiropractic.
Let's empty the libraries of Chiropractic into this site and together we will make this THE go to place for Chiropractic data.
These sites are now linking to us!
WIKICHIRO PROUDLY ANNOUNCES EXCITING SISTER SITE AGREEMENT
WITH Council on Chiropractic Guidelines and Practice Parameters (CCGPP) for research articles.
CLICK HERE FOR DIRECTORY
CCGPP will review the latest in research, and we will post articles interpreting the science in terms for those not totally comfortable reading scientific papers
Visit WikiChiro's Other Sister and Recommended Sites
| Wikichiro is hosted by the Wikichiro Foundation, a non-profit organization that is developed as a clone of the Wikipedia group of projects. Wikipedia, (Which has NOTHING to do with Wikichiro, other then that the Wikimedia foundation provides the software to do this free) uses Wikipedia's pages in accordance with the open source policy and attributes them as required, in the same way we coordinate with Ourmed.org, and Wikidoc.org.
|27th August, 2011- State of New Jersey Issues Certificate of Registration
WikiChiro Foundation, inc is registered in NJ as Non-Profit Corporation
Archived News Articles...
May 18, 2014 + (by week number)
From Nov. 6, 2012- May 2014
Nov. 5, 2012
Aug. 21, 2012
Jul. 24, 2012
Mar. 3, 2012
Oct. 8, 2011
Sept. 9, 2011
Aug. 27, 2011
Jun. 15, 2011
May 19, 2011
Apr. 18, 2011
Founding to 3/2011
* Check the current week number here