Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
Difference between revisions of "Phillip T. Santiago"
|Line 4:||Line 4:|
|caption = Phillip T. Santiago, DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC
|caption = Phillip T. Santiago, DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC
|Line 25:||Line 25:|
'''Philip T. Santiago''', DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC
'''Philip T. Santiago''', DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC is a second generation [[Chiropractic Physician]] practicing in Lake Hiawatha, NJ. The son of Dr. [[Joseph Santiago]], he was born June 24, 1953, and obtained his DC degree from [[New York Chiropractic College]] in 1978 <ref name="Alumni"/>. Dr. Santiago is notable for having been a professional Soccer player <ref name="Alumni"/> with Philadelphia in the North American Soccer league; and for having been team Doctor for the US Olympic team in Barcelona <ref name="Barcelona"/>, as well as having been elected to the [[ACA Sports Council]] Hall of Fame.
Revision as of 09:57, 24 July 2015
|Dr. Phil Santiago|
Phillip T. Santiago, DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC
|Born||June 24, 1963|
|Alma mater||New York Chiropractic College|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1970's- Present|
|Home town||Lake Hiawatha, NJ|
|Known for||Sec'y-Gen'l -FICS, Pro Soccer Player, and US Olympic DC .|
Philip T. Santiago, DC, DACBSP, FICC, FACC (b. June 24, 1963) is a second generation Chiropractic Physician practicing in Lake Hiawatha, NJ. The son of Dr. Joseph Santiago, he was born June 24, 1953, and obtained his DC degree from New York Chiropractic College in 1978 . Dr. Santiago is notable for having been a professional Soccer player  with Philadelphia in the North American Soccer league; and for having been team Doctor for the US Olympic team in Barcelona , as well as having been elected to the ACA Sports Council Hall of Fame.
Dr. Santiago has lectured extensively throughout the United States, Latin America, South America and Europe  to numerous medical groups on the topics of sports medicine and fitness. An Associate Professor,  he is Director of the Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician program for New York Chiropractic College.
- 1993 Named “Chiropractor of the Year” in New Jersey , he has been honored as “Sports Chiropractor of the Year” by the American Chiropractic Association .
- 1992 He was selected to the Medical Team as the Chiropractic Physician for the US Olympic Team at the Games of the XXV Olympiad in Barcelona 
For 17 years, he served on the U.S. Olympic Committee’s Sports Medicine Committee  which oversees all Medical Care for the US Olympic Team.
When the State of New Jersey separated the Chiropractic Licensing Board from the State Board of Medicine, Dr. Santiago was named by the Governor to sit on that first panel. 
His background includes being an All American collegiate and a professional soccer player; following his graduation from Fairleigh Dickinson University, he was drafted by Philadelphia in the North American Soccer league . With five years at each of New York Inst. of technology and Montclair State University as head coach of college soccer, his last five were with Montclair State University. 
- 2005 Dr. Santiago was inducted into two Sports Medicine Halls of Fame, one in New Jersey and the other through the American Chiropractic Association., duplicating his father's achievement.
A private pilot, his passion is flying Angel Flight missions  for children who require specialized health care that is not available in their local area.
- 2011 He was selected to serve as Secretary-General of the Fédération Internationale De Chiropratique Du Sport (FICS)  based at the IOC's building in Lausanne, Switzerland; the agency charged with overseeing Chiropractic Sports Medicine worldwide.
- Editorial Staff (3/12/1993). "Report from the 1996 Atlanta Sports Chiropractic Advisory Committee" (in English). Dynamic Chiropractic (Huntington Beach, CA: Dynamic Chiropractic) 11 (6). http://www.dynamicchiropractic.com/mpacms/dc/article.php?id=42153.
- Staff Writer (2008). "Alumni Relations Advisory Council Members" (.pdf file). Transitions (Alumni News). new York Chiropractic College. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&sqi=2&ved=0CCoQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nycc.edu%2Fwebdocs%2FInstAdv%2FTransitionsPDF%2FJanFeb2008.pdf&rct=j&q=Angel%20Flight%20Missions%2C%20%20Phil%20Santiago%2C%20DC&ei=zolWTrHLE8npgQeekuyfDA&usg=AFQjCNHp6KPGXApovXJeoia7Z14U9YSGdA&sig2=ClndwpnynDNU_zkmBOd2KA&cad=rja. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff. "Faculty". New York Chiropractic College. http://www.nycc.edu/AcademicPrograms_factemplate.htm?dirfind=PSantiago. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff. "Chiropractor of the Year". ACA Sports Council. http://en.wikichiro.org/index.php?title=ACA_Sports_Council#The_.22Hall_of_Fame.22__Award. Retrieved 2011.
- Staff. "United States Olympic Committee; Division of Sports Medicine; Chiropractic Selection Committee". ACA Sports Council (Archived Site). http://web.archive.org/web/20010810160118/http://www.acasc.org/chiroinolympics.html. Retrieved 2011.
- Staff. "Search". Community College of Morris. http://www.ccm.edu/search2.aspx?cx=000865808946258148870%3Aoppcjkdzl3o&cof=FORID%3A11&q=Dr.+Santiago&x=20&y=15#1008. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff. "Commissioners". Morris County Sheriff Crimestoppers. http://www.morriscrimestoppers.org/Commissionerscorner.html. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff Writer (2011). "Soccer Safety Tips". City Parent.Com. Metroland media Group. Ltd. http://fics-sport.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26. Retrieved 8/2011.
- Staff. "Hall of Fame". ACA Sports Council. http://en.wikichiro.org/index.php?title=ACA_Sports_Council#The_.22Hall_of_Fame.22__Award. Retrieved 2011.
- Staff. "Council". International Federation of Sports Chiropractic. http://fics-sport.org/portal/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=12&Itemid=26. Retrieved 8/2011.