Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
R. Keith McCormick
|R. Keith McCormick|
|Born||June 17, 1954|
|Alma mater||Stanford University, National University of Health Sciences|
R. Keith McCormick (born June 17, 1954) is an American chiropractor and Modern pentathlon who represented the United States at the 1976 Summer Olympics, as an alternate. He is a Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician and author of the 2009 book The Whole-Body Approach to Osteoporosis.
Early life and education
McCormick was born in Waynesboro, Pennsylvania and later earned his bachelor’s degree in Human Biology at Stanford University and his doctorate at the National College of Chiropractic. While at Stanford, McCormick competed on the cross-country and fencing teams along with competing in the World Modern Pentathlon Championships during his junior year.
Since 1982 McCormick has been a Chiropractor in the states of Massachusetts, Colorado, and California. McCormick is also a Sports Chiropractic Physician who treats collegiate, high school and recreational athletes in Western Massachusetts.
- The Whole-Body Approach to Osteoporosis (New Harbinger Publications, 2009)
- Osteoporosis: Integrating Biomarkers and Other Diagnostic Correlates into the Management of Bone Fragility (Alternative Medicine Review Volume 12, Number 2 2007)
McCormick continues to compete in triathlons in all distances including Ironman Triathlons. McCormick placed 7th in his age group in the 2010 and 9th in his age group in 2011 70.3 Ironman Triathlon World Championships.
Modern pentathlon accomplishments
|1973||Junior National Championships||1st place|
|1973||Junior World Championships||2nd place|
|1975||Polish World Invitational, Warsaw||1st place|
|1975||World Championships||2nd place team|
|1976||North American Invitational||1st place|
|1976||U.S. Olympic Team||5th place team|
|1976||U.S. National Record||5,425 points|
|1978||World Championships||4th place team|
- United States Olympic Book 1976: Games of the XXI Olympiad, Montreal : XII Olympic Winter Games, Innsbruck : VII Pan American Games, Mexico City by F. Don Miller; the United States Olympic Committee, 1976. p. 277
- (July 11, 1976). "Roster of U.S. Athletes for Olympic Games at Montreal", The New York Times, p. 152.
- Bowden, Jonny (May 2010). "The truth about bone health", Better Nutrition 72 (5): 20–22.
- Tweed, Vera (July 2011). "Healthy hinges", Better Nutrition 73 (7): 41–44.
- "Dr. R. Keith McCormick; Olympian, Chiropractor, Author". WEBE (BlogTalkRadio.com). 15 October 2012. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/webe/2012/10/16/dr-r-keith-mccormick-olympian-chiropractor-author. Retrieved 2013-05-08.
- "Dr. R. Keith McCormick Talks about The Whole-Body Approach to Osteoporosis on Living Fully After 40 Radio, 11-15-12". Living Fully After 40 Radio. 13 November 2012. http://www.livingfullyafter40radio.com/archives/2865. Retrieved 2013-05-08.