Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
Seymour Mac Goldstein
|Dr. Seymour (Mac) Goldstein|
Seymour (Mac) Goldstein, DC
|Born||June 9, 1926|
|Alma mater||Chiropractic Institute of New York|
|Occupation||Chiropractic Physician Team Doctor|
|Years active||1952- Present|
|Home town||Brooklyn, NY|
|Known for||Pioneering Sports Chiropractor|
Seymour (Mac) Goldstein, DC, was born June 9, 1926 in NYC, and is a Chiropractor who practices in Brooklyn, and is a pioneer in then specialty of Sports Chiropractic. Dr. Goldstein graduated from both Atlantic States Chiropractic College and subsequently from Chiropractic Institute of New York (1952).
Seymour has been officially and unofficially the team DC at Madison Square Garden, in NYC for more than 50 years, working such meets as:
- The Olympic Invitational meet 
- The Colgate Games
- The Mobil Games 
- The Milrose Games 
- The Empire State Games 
- The US Open  , and many others.
Dr. Goldstein remains the only DC to have been inducted by the NY City Police Commissioner (Kelly) as a Police Surgeon  in NYC.
He has been a consultant to coaches at:
Seymour Goldstein has worked diligently and professionally always in the background, never promoting himself, but supporting all the world's greatest track athletes who come through New York City. He has been often quoted in major sports publications  , but rarely featured, due to his ethical demeanor. Most of all he has always been ready to help a younger Chiropractor get a start in sports chiropractic. Over the years he mentored such individuals as Drs. Stephen Press and Louis Leonardi.
- Weisenfeld, Murray; Barbara Burr (1980) (in English). The Runners' Repair Manual: A Complete Program for Diagnosing and Treating ... (Chapter on Hamstrings is about Dr. Goldstein). Macmillan. pp. 171. ISBN 0312695977, 9780312695972. http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=TOJXqA_A3jsC&oi=fnd&pg=PP13&dq=%22Seymour+Mac+Goldstein%22&ots=a1_vHtqbOH&sig=Ql804ZSHTU1Y01IqYvECJVvgMQA#v=onepage&q=%22Seymour%20Mac%20Goldstein%22&f=false.
- Bloom, Marc (April, 1980). "Making Runners Better". The Runner. Runner Magazine.
- Staff (1/28/2011). "Meet Officials" (in English). Millrose Games Program (Madison Sq. Garden, NYC: USA Track & Field).
- Press, DC, FACSM, Stephen (June 17-20). "Role of the Chiropractic Doctor in the Sports Medical Team". Proceedings of the United States Olympic Academy XI. Indianapolis, IN: United States Olympic Committee, Education Council. pp. 246-252.
- Staff (January 28, 2012). "US Open Competition Officials" (in English). Program of the Harris US Open.
- Grillo, Jr., President, A. Victor. "Our Health". NEW YORK 10-13 ASSOCIATION BROOKLYN AND STATEN ISLAND, INC.. http://www.1013bsi.org/news/OurHealth.htm. Retrieved 8/2011.
- (in English) Marathoner Fired up Over Run. 10. New Times Communications Corp., University of Michigan. 1978. pp. 193. http://books.google.com/books?id=tx5XAAAAMAAJ&q=Dr.+Seymour+%28Mac%29+Goldstein&dq=Dr.+Seymour+%28Mac%29+Goldstein&hl=en&ei=nXRRTraDCdPUgAenzbSABw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=2&ved=0CDcQ6AEwAQ.
- "Chiropractic" (in English). Shape Magazine (Shape Magazine, Inc.) 14: 136. 1994. http://books.google.com/books?id=_jw7AQAAIAAJ&q=%22Seymour+%28Mac%29+Goldstein%22&dq=%22Seymour+%28Mac%29+Goldstein%22&hl=en&ei=E3dRTsnIOYTLgQeInOmSBw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQ6AEwAg. Retrieved 8/2011.