Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
CMT in Asthma
|This article is placed on WikiChiro by the CCGPP. Such articles have been vetted by the scientific panel for the CCGPP and are thus protected from further editing. Please discuss further on this Article's talk page.|
CMT in Asthma
- A 2010 systematic review states that SMT is not effective for asthma, compared to sham manipulation.  However, a 2007 review indicates that the entire clinical encounter of chiropractic care, including SMT, is beneficial to patients with asthma. 
- Another 2010 systematic review states that “chiropractic care showed improvements in subjective measures and, to a lesser degree objective measures, none of which were statistically significant. Some asthmatic patients may benefit from this treatment approach; however, at this time, the evidence suggests chiropractic care should be used as an adjunct, not a replacement, to traditional medical therapy.” 
- Bronfort, G et al (Feb 25 2010). "Effectiveness of manual therapies: the UK evidence report". Chiropr Osteopat 18 (3). http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20184717. Retrieved 12-7-2013.
- Hawk, C et al (Jun 2007). "Chiropractic care for nonmusculoskeletal conditions: a systematic review with implications for whole systems research". J Altern Complement Med 13 (5): 491-512. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Chiropractic+care+for+nonmusculoskeletal+conditions%3A+a+systematic+review+with+implications+for+whole+systems+research. Retrieved 12-7-2013.
- Kaminskyj, A et al (Mar 2010). "Chiropractic care for patients with asthma: A systematic review of the literature". The Journal of the Canadian Chiropractic Association 54 (1): 24-32. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20195423. Retrieved 12-7-2013.