Please forgive the slight inconvenience in creating a new account. Due to juvenile delinquents spamming garbage to the site, we had to install a "Captcha", which can differentiate a spam bot from a human. Once you open your account, confirm it by returning the email, and identifying yourself, we will give you edit privileges. Just request them by leaving a message at click here.
|Born||July 14, 1962|
|Alma mater||Kutztown University of Pennsylvania|
Palmer College of Chiropractic
|Occupation||physician, sports chiropractor, author, and inventor television personality|
Robert Louis DeStefano, DC (born July 14, 1962) is an American sports chiropractor, author, and inventor. He is a team doctor for the New York based Football Team the New York Giants, and competitive triathlete. He has spoken and taught manual therapies nationally for 15 years, and has appeared on The View (U.S. TV series), and Sirius and XM Radio, as well as many local TV and radio programs.
Dr. DeStefano was born and raised in New Jersey. After a high school athletic career of track, football, decathlon, power-lifting, and lacrosse, Dr. DeStefano attended Kutztown University of Pennsylvania on a football scholarship, and then earned a rugby scholarship to Palmer School of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, where he earned his D.C. in 1986. Soon after graduation, he earned his CCSP (Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician), and attended his first A.R.T. (Active Release Techniques) seminar.
After a few years of practicing chiropractic medicine and ART, he became an ART instructor. From the early 90's to 2009. Dr Rob has taught at over 100 ART seminars and related teaching and lecturing events. He has assisted in certifying thousands of ART providers. He is currently launching his own seminars to promote integrative healthcare and self treatment.
Dr. Rob opened his first offices in Ridgefield Park and in Lodi, NJ in 1987, his first NY office in 1999, at La Palestra  on the upper west side. In 2002 Dr Rob became an official ART provider to the New York Football Giants, seeing them through their 2008 Super Bowl XLII Championship  and continuing at present as the official ART provider and also the official Chiropractor. 2009 saw the opening of his first two satellite offices in NY, in The Orion and The Ariel. Within these offices and also in the field, he has worked with athletes of all levels including the US Olympic Bobsled/Luge/Skeleton teams, US Olympic Hockey Team, the NHL, NBA, LPGA, and the NFL. On September 15, 2009, Dr. Rob released his first book, "Muscle Medicine", with Bryan Kelly  and Joe Hooper, about the diagnosis and treatment of muscle, and muscle’s important role in the future of healthcare. He is currently developing a new treatment technique and self-treatment modality to compliment doctor care that has already been successfully adopted by many of his athletes and patients. In 2010 he has plans introduce a piece of exercise equipment, and a self-treatment tool, which is already being used by national, professional sports teams.
Dr. DeStefano has developed two pieces of exercise equipment: a variation on the kettlebell, in development; and a self treatment tool, the "F.A.S.T. Stick" currently in usage by pro athletes, and available to the public in 2010.
Books and Publications
Muscle Medicine: The Revolutionary Approach to Maintaining, Strengthening, and Repairing your Muscle and Joints. Simon and Schuster, 2009.
Dr. DeStefano has four children. In addition to his practices, work with the Giants, book and equipment development, Dr. De Stefano participates and competes in triathlons and running races. To date, he himself has competed in over 300 races, including 9 Ironman triathlons and 2 Ironman World Championships. In 2012, Dr. DeStefano married Alyssa Hulahan. The couple later divorced.
- The View, http://theview.abc.go.com, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician, http://www.acbsp.com/CCSP.html, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- La Plestra, http://www.lapalestra.com/ Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- New York Giants,http://www.giants.com/index.html, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Super Bowl XLII, http://www.nfl.com/superbowl/42, Retrieved Dec 14, 2009
- Simon and Schuster,http://www.simonandschuster.com, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Muscle Medicine,http://www.musclemedicinebook.com, Retrieved Dec. 14,2009
- Bryan Kelly, http://www.bryankellymd.com, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Hasselbeck, Elizabeth, The View, March, 2008, http://muscleinjuries.com, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Hemmer, Bill, America's Newsroom, Fox News, Oct 7, 2009, http://www.muscleinjuries.com/media/videos.html, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- Dooley, Barbara, WGAU, Sept. 17, 2009, , Retrieved Dec. 07, 2009
- http://www.blogtalkradio.com/, Retrieved Dec. 14, 2009
- DeStefano Chiropractic Website 
- Muscle Medicine Website 
- The Fast Program Website 
- NY Football Giants Website